ORTHODOX CHURCH MUSEUM OF FINLAND FOUNDATION
The Orthodox Church Museum of Finland Foundation was founded in 2011. The Foundation’s founding members include representatives from the Orthodox Chruch of Finland, the cities of Kuopio, Iisalmi and Joensuu and Keskisuomalainen Ltd. The Foundation is registered in Kuopio.
The purpose of the Foundation is to preserve and maintain the tangible and visual cultural heritage of the Orthodox Church of Finland. The Foundation does this by managing the operations of RIISA – Orthodox Church Museum of Finland and by conducting research, education and communicating information related to its field and by having exhibitions and creating publications.
The Foundation can offer expert advice in questions related to its field.
BOARD OF THE FOUNDATION IN 2017
- Director Leo Houtsonen, Chairman
- Museum Director Merja Heiskanen, Vice Chairman
- Counsellor of Education Pentti Belinskij, Member
- Professor Heikki Hanka, Member
- Adjunct Professor Kari Kotkavaara, Member
- Dean Timo Mäkirinta, Member
- Dean Iivo Suvanto, Member
- Businessman Pekka Viljakainen, Member
- Museum Director Teresa Töntsi, Representative